Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fined For Growing Too Much Food

From SLM News Blog:

9:02 AM (14 hours ago)Fined for growing too much foodfrom SLMNews Blog by Pat H.It's not just the federal government that is curbing our freedoms. In Georgia, a farmer is being fined for growing too much food on his two acres.




We have similar problems in South Carolina. In speaking with one of the owners of a restaurant just over a mile from my farm, I discovered that he's not permitted to buy any produce from me unless I get my farm "approved" by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, also known as DHEC (appropriately pronounced dee-heck), and if he were to buy anything grown on my farm without that prior approval, they'd shut him down.



Think about that, no one can grow or produce food and sell it to any restaurant without permission from some bureaucrat in Columbia, or one of their local representatives in my, or your, county.

No comments:

Post a Comment