The Government Wants to Seize Your Vitamins
- If a supplement includes more of an ingredient than was used 17 years ago (even something like vitamin C), it’s new.
- If an ingredient uses a different extraction process (like baking or fermentation), it’s new.
- If a supplement uses an ingredient at a different “life stage” (such as using ripe rather than non-ripe apples), it’s new.
- If a supplement duplicates an ingredient in a laboratory rather than extracting it from the food (even though it’s chemically identical), it’s new.
- And if a probiotic formula includes a strain of bacteria that wasn’t found in yogurt 17 years ago, it’s new.